Monday, March 8, 2010

The Great Snow Fall of 2010

So, no one ever told me that it might actualy snow in Dallas. But it did snow in December a little...just enough to get excited about. But on February 11th, we got real snow fall. Like 9 inches real.

When I woke up for work that morning, it was beautiful outside. I was trying to snap pictures on the (slow) drive to work. And by the end of the day, on the way home it was still beautiful and I was SO excited to get home to play in it.

















But then my car got stuck just as I started to drive up the slight incline of my driveway. And I mean really stuck.

Tires-spinning-stuck. Sitting in my car, praying to God for traction, wanting to cry and call my daddy, stuck.

And then it dawned on me. I don't have a shovel.

Fuck!!

My neighbor came to the rescue with a heavy duty garage broom. It took about 40 minutes of pushing snow out of the way, move 1/2 an inch, push more snow out of the way, move another 1/2 inch, before I got safely into my garage. By then my hair was soaked, my feet were wet and frozen and I was so OVER the pretty snow.

I told my dad that day that I was gonna buy a shovel, even if it never snowed again for another 30 years. And I did...it's a gardening shovel but it will suffice if I should ever need it again.

I wasn't in the mood to play in the snow, but I did snap some pictures. Because when you're nice and dry in your cozy house...the snow is beautiful.









































































Snow drenched and frozen!




0 comments: