Sunday, February 8, 2009

Farmer's Market

Katherine and I finally made a trip to the Farmer's Market. It's a popular spot where you can get fresh fruit and vegetables, and even some flowers, plants, spices, etc. We walked from Katherine's nearby apartment (an easy 10 minute walk) and when we got close, I thought about the flea markets in New Orleans because that's what it reminded me of. There were lots of local and Mexican vendors there selling their goods. The colors of the fruits and vegetables were so pretty, I was upset that I didn't take my camera with me. Seeing all of the fresh veggies also made me wish that I liked to cook because it would be fun to shop for fresh ingredients instead of just opening a can or a box.


My eyes wanted more fruit than I knew I would eat in a week, so I passed on the strawberry's and tangelos but did take home some bananas, grapefruit, apples, grapes and honey tangerines...as seen below.

Yes...I bought unripe bananas on purpose. If I get them ripe, I won't eat them quick enough and they turn brown and mushy and I don't like mushy bananas.


1 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so jealous, I wish we had farmer's markets close by. I hear the fruit and veggies are so much better.