Monday, January 7, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I had such a great lazy Sunday yesterday that was anything but lazy. I was able to get a lot of chores done and chill out and read/watch TV so instead of feeling like the day was wasted, I felt like I had accomplished a lot. I even got a late start because the twins stayed over with me on Friday night. After they ate, they took a long bath that included play time in the water, then they colored until they got sleepy. After a night of me being pushed to edge of my bed and damn near falling off, we woke up and layed in bed for a while snuggling, no one wanting to actually get up. Finally around 10:30 we woke up and had cereal and Michelle picked them up before 11am. Grace was out with her family so I had the house all to myself. I made my lunch, sat around watching TV and catching up on my magazines and then in between commercials started on the tasks at hand.

I cleaned out my bathroom drawers in my quest to start out the new year with an organized bathroom and closet. Just a few more things to do in the closet (mostly cleaning it out for items to donate, which will be a lot..there's a lot of stuff in my closet and chest that I haven't touched in years, if at all. Things like t-shirts and stuff.)

I cleaned up a bit more in my office...filing receipts, bills, etc.

I FINALLY put away my reunion pictures into a photo album --yes, pictures from the reunion that took place last JUNE...I told you I procrastinate! -- only to realize that I ran out of pages and still have 26 pictures left! Hopefully I'll find the exact album again at Wal-Mart, if not I'll have to find a bigger album and start over.

I did all of my laundry....and this time I actually folded and put everything away!! Typically the recliner in my bedroom is the gathering spot of all my clean clothes that come right from the dryer and they either get worn again or eventually get folded and put away (usually the night before the housecleaners are due.)

I even managed to buy something on my "photography wish list" -- a Lens Baby lens! I can actually blame Walter for this....he was in Tampa for a photography conference and called me from the vendor symposium even though I told him to stay away from there! He calls to tell me that the Lens Baby's (this really cool lens that lets you focus on one "sweet spot" and everything else is blurred AND a bit curved...it's so neat!) were on sale and did I want one..free shipping and no tax! So I said "sure!" A purchase I did NOT need to make, but I can take some cool shots with it at DisneyWorld in March and Hawaii in April, so it's not a complete waste.

By the time dinner rolled around I was able to plop in front of the TV to catch the new episode of Desperate Housewives and the pilot for the new show Cashmere Mafia (which I thought was about women mobsters..I was wrong).

I didn't go to bed early like I planned (early to me is 10pm) because I started to work on my "Blurb" book (putting my 2007 blog posts into book form) and since my computer is soooo frickin slow lately (I don't have enough memory to keep up with all my applications...that's something I'll need to care for soon) I was up till almost midnight editing the pages. So now I'm having a Monday morning in which I can't stop yawning and need extra caffeine.

0 comments: