Sunday, November 11, 2007

My New Ride

Zoom, Zoom..



Oh wait, wrong commercial. My bad.



Last week I traded in my 2002 CR-V for the 2008 model. Of course the first thing my father said was "why didn't you tell me, I would have gone with you" and when I said "I don't need you to go with me" he said "they probably didn't give you a good price..." Gotta love him. He still thinks he needs to take care of me. Or maybe he just wants to be needed? Hmm...something I need to consider before I start rolling my eyes at his comments.

Anyway, I loved my car, it was very good to me and it was still running extremely well. Many fond memories were made in that car.....but at 5 years old and almost 99,000 miles, it was starting to rattle so it was time to bid her farewell. I love, love, love the new version, especially the color and can't wait to see where my new ride takes me!

3 comments:

Rob & Christy said...

Can't go wrong with Honda!!! Tried to get you to upgrade to Acura but that's ok, it's all still in the family!!

Be kind to Dad, with all his girls grown up he just wants to be needed I think. Even though he does really still think we don't know how to do ANYTHING better than him. :)

Rob & Christy said...

I hit the button too soon..didn't get to finish my comment...about Dad, he still thinks I don't make the right decisions with my career even though I've made every right step each time and it only keeps getting sweeter. He's a Dad..that's what they do! Remember when he told me I'd never amount to anything because I got a tattoo on my ankle :) Look how wrong he was about that!!! He says now "if ONLY Jamie would have gone out and gotten one too... :)

Lisa said...

You're right about dad, he just wants to feel needed. And yes, I do remember the tattoo incident -- did he really tell Jamie to go get one? :-)

The Acura's are nice...but the price was just too much for me to pay considering the standard features. I'm not cheap, just being realistic...remember I'm a single person income household here!